URINE ORGANIC PROFILE
The Urine Organic Profile is a powerful test. Determining more than 50 organic acids in urine and focus on metabolic intermediates produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter breakdown
or intestinal microbial activity.
Marked accumulation of specific organic acids detected in urine often signals a metabolic inhibition or block. The metabolic block may be due to a nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit, toxic build-up or drug effect.
Several of the biomarkers are markers of intestinal bacterial or yeast overgrowth.
This Urine Organic Profile determines
- Functional vitamins and minerals status; B vitamin
- Central energy pathway
- Fatty acids metabolism
- Carbohydrate metabolism
- Amino acids metabolism
- Neurotransmitter metabolites
- Oxidative stress and antioxidant need
- Toxic exposure and detoxification capacity
- Markers for bacterial and yeasts overgrowth